This pattern is crocheted in the round, amigurumu style so there will be no joining and chaining. Just keep crocheting in a continuous spiral. You’ll need a stitch marker to indicate the beginning of the round.
You will need to make a wool ball of yarn that is 9 1/4 inches in circumference to place inside the outer pouch. See more information here.
Size J Hook (6.0 mm)
Worsted weight yarn in 100% wool (make sure it’s not superwash). I highly recommend Knit Picks Wool of the Andes for felted projects.
2scinc: 2 single crochet stitches in the same stitch, one stitch increased.
sc2tog: single crochet 2 stitches together, one stitch decreased.
Starting with a magic ring, sc 6 times in the loop. Pull tight.
1. 2scinc, repeat around. (12 sts)
2. 2scinc, 1 sc. Repeat around (18 sts)
3. 2scinc, 2 sc. Repeat around (24 sts)
4. 2scinc, 3 sc. Repeat around (30 sts)
5. 2scinc, 4 sc. Repeat around (36 sts)
6. 2scinc, 5 sc. Repeat around (42 sts)
7. 2scinc, 6sc. Repeat around (48 sts)
Rounds 8- 15 sc in each st.
16. sc2tog, sc in next 6 sts. Repeat around (42 sts)
17. sc2tog, sc in next 5 sts. Repeat around (36 sts)
18. sc2tog, sc in next 4 sts. Repeat around (30 sts). Put the yarn ball inside the pouch.
19. sc2tog, sc in next 3 sts. Repeat around (24 sts)
20. sc2tog, sc in next 2 sts. Repeat around (18 sts)
21. sc2tog, sc in next st. Repeat around (12 sts)
22. sc2tog around (6 sts)
Cut yarn, thread onto tapestry needle and seam the hole closed. Weave in ends.
The pouch will be large and loose before felting. Felt as desired. For more information about felting, click here.